UPDATED - 15th November 2018
Here is some audience feedback from some recent Thomas & Muse performances. Firstly Thomas & Muse AND The Muses at Hundred Years Gallery, London. 22nd September 2018:
- This was the second clothing optional performance that I attended and a very enjoyable one too. The addition of the two extra Muses gave greater scope for interaction both between the artists and the audience with a fantastic atmosphere. I would definitely recommend, especially the clothing optional as I felt it helped the audience relate to the performer. This time the music was a little less "raw" but very effective. Paul Cottrell
- Was a very relaxed & fun evening with like minded people in the Hundred Years Gallery which was a nice venue. The clothing optional theme is a great idea & made me very comfortable along with the other friendly people in the audience.
As for the performance, I really enjoyed the evening with the lovely Lucy together with Ellie & Luna, ably assisted with the interesting trumpet sounds from Ben. There was a bit of audience participation too which I enjoyed. Hopefully there will be other similar events like this one, which I would love to attend again. Richard Williams
- Big thank you to you, the girls and Ben for an excellent evening of dance, performance, music and thought provoking content. Innovative and pioneering, well done!
The Hundred Years gallery is quite small for the number of people and piles of clothes, but that didn't spoil the enjoyment (just proves how popular this is). Also the lighting was behind the performance so you were not well lit, perhaps Ben could provide a couple of Front of House lamps for you ( unless its intended to be like that of course!) but sadly I couldn't take any pictures with my camera. However, non of this detracted from the stunning imaginative work. And special thanks the the new comers who performed amazingly well if it was their first time.
I can only hope other galleries and performance spaces will be more accommodating to this type of art performance / clothes optional event in the future as you continue to evolve your work.
Best wishes, cant wait for more. Brian
- A fantastic event! Excellent performances from all the muses and sublime accompaniment from Trumpeter Thomas at Hundred Years Gallery.
I loved the storytelling which was interwoven with parsnip carnage, the integral humour, expression of female power and audience interaction. It was a total visual feast with bodypainting and power poses a-plenty. Lucy Muse although small in stature, has a commanding stage presence and directs her fellow muses (friend and sister) with affection and strength. I'll be back! Emma James
AND feedback from Thomas & Muse Band in Cardiff, 29th August 2018:
- Just got back from a fabulous evenings entertainment from the Thomas and Muse band- pioneering what I guess could be best described as Avante-Garde Jazz performance art. Amazing musicianship and a truly unique blend of original tunes and covers of Zappa, The Beatles, Robert Wyatt and Spinal Tap. Even the workmen outside digging up the road were glued to the windows, captivated by the music inside. When I left they gathered round asking what is that music? It's Jazz!!! I replied. Congrats as well to Dave Daggers for opening the evening- armed with his Ukele, wit and charisma. Who could ask for more? Dave Roach